[coreboot] Linux kernel as payload?

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Jan 21 18:57:49 CET 2016

> Can I compile it 64bit?
As long as you keep the 32bit entry point around, yes (which I think
is the default configuration for x86_64 kernels).
In kconfig/menuconfig/..., select a linux payload, and point to the
bzImage file. That should work (and this part of coreboot is pretty
well testable with our QEmu targets, in case you want to try it out
first).

> Is there any further documentation on this?
Sadly documentation is not a strength in this project.

> I found something on the wiki
> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:tyan/s2891#LAB_payload
The kexec information there is probably still useful, the buildrom
stuff is horribly outdated.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg