[coreboot] Target candidate: Dell Latitude E4300

persmule persmule at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 23:51:37 CET 2016

Hi,

I have found a potential target Dell Latitude E4300 for libreboot (and
coreboot), for its similarity with Thinkpad X200S and X200T.

This one uses GS45, with (S)P9X00 family cpu (its sibling model e4200
uses SU family cpu), like the X200S and X200T which is supported in
coreboot (and libreboot) with gerrit's patch. And not like Latitude
E6400, this model uses DDR3 RAM (more like X200S/T).

This model uses SMSC FDC37M602, which is already supported with coreboot.

Because the succeed for GS45 in X200S/T, I think it's a good porting
target for coreboot and libreboot.

I managed to get the firmware layout with flashrom(1), which is attached
with stdout of flashrom. May they be useful to you.

What does the community think about this? Worth it?

And, waiting for certain goods' arrival, I plan to disassemble my E4300
to cleanse its cooler and heatsink, and siphon out the whole BIOS image,
which will be sent to you soon, too.

Regards,
Persmule.