[coreboot] On Memtest86+ change sets up for review

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 29 21:56:16 CET 2016

Dear coreboot folks,

There are patches up for review [1], creating a new memtest86plus
project [2].

Martin, as you are the author, could you please give a little bit more
information?

The last Memtest86+ release seems to be from 2013, and looking at your
change sets there are a lot of patches applied from the distributions.
So there is not much maintenance going on upstream. I could not find a
mailing list, but there is some activity in the forum [4].

I am interested in what the goal is? Do we want to be the new
Memtest86+ upstream?

Have you talked to the Memtest86+ folks, so that they are informed?
Will they hand over the domain for example?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/#/q/project:memtest86plus
[2] https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/13818/