[coreboot] [RFC] board-status.git growth

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 17 22:07:10 CET 2016

Hi,

since various automated systems started submitting board status files,
the board-status repository has grown significantly to a point where
submitting a new board from scratch requires a download which is bigger
than the whole coreboot repository.
Once I hook up four more systems in my lab, I expect this growth to
accelerate quite a bit. It will get even more extreme once I start
testing every commit instead of limiting the tests to one per hour.

This poses three problems:

1. Download size for people wanting to submit new logs.
Can be solved with shallow git clones of the board-status repository.

2. Download size for people wanting to find out where some breakage
happened.
Not really solvable unless we commit less reports, and that makes
bisection harder.

3. Server load for anything working with the board-status repo.
This means gitweb and the wiki, and that's not a problem (yet).

Should we just ignore the size until it becomes too large, is size not a
problem or should we immediately do something?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel