[coreboot] Proposal - Fast Boot UEFI addendum to Coreboot

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Sun Feb 14 12:35:32 CET 2016

> [1] FSP 32 bit as is;
That's probably best discussed with some Intel field rep for FSP.

> [2] Coreboot to be 64 bit Coreboot, compiled for INTEL x86_64 architecture;
The 64bit support was started, but I wouldn't expect it to work just
right yet. We don't even enable it by default anywhere, because it
isn't really needed.
Why do you want coreboot to be 64bit code?

> [3] Have the minimum minimorum of Tiano Core (just UEFI HDD/SSD UEFI boot
> partition maker, everything else scrapped)!
Tianocore is a bit of a sore spot. We have three different
implementations of a TianoCore payload, one by Scott Duplichan,
working on some AMD board, one by Intel, working on some Intel board
(and available in the TianoCore repository) and my copy that I
irregularly work on.

I'd expect the bare minimum payload able to boot Windows still to take
500-700kb compressed in flash.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg