[coreboot] [RFC] Proposal for policy for changing the development guidelines

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 03:33:40 CET 2016

On 02/01/2016 11:36 AM, Martin Roth wrote:
> What I don't read in that blog post is anything about the
> coreboot project being a democracy.

I'd normally find such a statement very disappointing, but I'm pretty
certain you're off on that one. I'm not sure how involved you've been in
coreboot public before leaving SAGE -- I've mostly known your name from
patches Marc submitted. What I can tell you with great confidence is
that the picture you try to portray of coreboot has historically not
been true.

I've been around for a long time, maybe too long, and I remember many an
issue having been publicly discussed. I remember cases where things were
brought up for discussion, and the so-called leadership team decided the
exact opposite of what it had intended. I remember the switch to git and
gerrit, and I remember seeing quite some back and forth on the issue.

I'm not sure why you have such a dark picture of coreboot in your mind.
I've haven't heard anyone from the so-called "coreboot leadership" team
make the claims you do. I'm sorry you feel that way, but that shouldn't
be a reason to shut down Paul's proposal

> Please note that these are just my own personal thoughts on these
> subjects

Exactly!

Alex