[coreboot] iPXE on multiple chips with the same PCI ID

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:12:10 CET 2016

Hello Konstantin,

Seems that your board plays kind of fiber based GIGa router with several
(max. 10) optical i/f attached. Insinuates the same board from the previous
email. Correct?

Here is what CPU is used:
https://ark.intel.com/products/75114/Intel-Core-i7-4650U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz
(CPUID - 0x40651).

Glanced via attached log. Yup, there are all visible, and in early stage
there are some resource allocations for all three I350 devices/PCIe buses,
seems that these resources overlap per device (in early stages).

Could not say with 100% certainty. Lot of kludges, assumptions... But let
us take the different route, for now (to save the time).

Questions to you:
[1] Why you are using very old Coreboot build 4.0
(*coreboot-4.0*-8341-g5e6dd5f-dirty
*Thu Mar 19 10:15:27 UTC 2015*)???
[2] Did you ever use BIOS for this router? How does BIOS behave in the term
of PXE booting? I start doubting that customized/tailored BIOS ever existed
for this proprietary HSW built board!?

TO DO:
[1] To rebuild Coreboot with the latest and greatest Coreboot 4.5, and
repeat the tests again?

Please, let us know! :-)

Zoran