[coreboot] buildgcc on Debian Stretch (9)

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 19:09:03 CET 2016

On 22.12.2016 04:13, Jonathan Neuschäfer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 08:05:28PM +0100, Nico Huber wrote:
>> On 21.12.2016 02:53, Jonathan Neuschäfer wrote:
> [...]
>> That's known trouble due to their GCC using `-fpie/-pie` by default now.
>> One way to work around is adding `-with-pic` to the configure step when
>> building GMP.
>>
>> We could do that automatically. I guess, there is something in `gcc
>> -dumpspecs` that could be used. Can you provide that output for the
>> failing GCC, please.
>>
>> Nico
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (Debian 6.2.1-5) 6.2.1 20161124
>
> $ gcc -dumpspecs
> <see attachment>

Thanks.

I've found two working (i386-elf tested only yet) alternatives and
pushed them to gerrit:

https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17936/
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17938/

I prefer the latter for treating all GCCs the same way, without changing
anything obvious for compilers that don't default to `-pie`.

Nico