[coreboot] buildgcc on Debian Stretch (9)

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 20:05:28 CET 2016

On 21.12.2016 02:53, Jonathan Neuschäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a while now I've had problems using buildgcc on my Debian system,
> which runs Debian testing (aka. stretch or version 9) and GCC 6.2. When
> it fails, there is the following error in util/crossgcc/build-*-elf-GCC/config.log:
>
> 	/usr/bin/ld: /home/jn/dev/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/lib/libgmp.a(fat_entry.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against symbol `__gmpn_cpuvec' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

That's known trouble due to their GCC using `-fpie/-pie` by default now.
One way to work around is adding `-with-pic` to the configure step when
building GMP.

We could do that automatically. I guess, there is something in `gcc
-dumpspecs` that could be used. Can you provide that output for the
failing GCC, please.

Nico