[coreboot] spd binaries

Pok Gu pokgoo002 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:01:25 CET 2016

Thaiphoon Burne is the most popular and probably the only tool for
modifying the spd.bin. It has many built-in templates and you only need to
select the speed, clocking, and voltage you like (e.g., DDR3-1688/DDR3-1333
and CL10/CL11 and 1.35V/1.5V) and it will do all the rest calculations and
generate the spd.bin for you. Then, the only thing you need to do is to
flash the spd.bin to the spd chip on the ram, and reboot, and your ram
stick is overclocked.

Unfortunately, it is only available on Windows. So I have one harddisk
loaded with Windows 7 and Thaiphoon Burne specialized for this work.

I haven't found any linux software can do this unless you calculate and
modify the spd.bin by hand. (If anyone found one let me know)