[coreboot] Offering Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 for porting

Renze Nicolai renze at rnplus.nl
Fri Dec 16 03:46:07 CET 2016

Hello Merlin,

I am interested in porting Coreboot to your GA-890FXA-UD5.
A month ago I succesfully ported coreboot to my MS-7721 (FM2-A75MA-E35)
motherboard and having a go at porting another AMD board to coreboot
would be a good opportunity for me to learn more about coreboot.

Since I can not guarantee that I will succeed. Therefore I propose that
in case of failure the provided hardware will be returned to you so
that you can find someone else to give it a go.

If you want me to work on porting coreboot to your board we should work
out the details privately. Please contact me directly
(renze at rnplus.nl).

Can someone more experienced please confirm that coreboot has support
for the AMD 890FX northbridge, the AMD SB850 southbridge and the ITE
IT8720 superio chip?

(If support for the superio chip is not yet available I could try
adding support for the chip to coreboot but this is not something I
have done before.)

(I live in the Enschede, the Netherlands so shipping charges should not
be a problem)

Greetings,
Renze Nicolai