[coreboot] Offering Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 for porting

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Fri Dec 16 02:34:46 CET 2016

It *appears* to support IOMMU, and the AM3+ higher end procs (8350)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_800_chipset_series#890FX
http://www.overclock.net/t/730776/official-gigabyte-ga-890fxa-ud5-ud7-owners-thread-club/4040
The 7xx chipset that coreboot currently supports does not do IOMMU
(artificial market separations)

What would be really swell is a port to a nice 9xx series motherboard,
both are quite old but the 8xx is even older.

9xx is the last best x86-64 boards that are able to boot without any
kind of supervisor processor (ME/PSP) and that have coreboot do the real
work (intel FSP boards make coreboot just shimboot doing 10% of the work
- entirely bogus - making most of the boot process a black box.)