[coreboot] TALOS project short of funding goals - where to now?

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:07:52 CET 2016

> The coreboot project is pretty much dead in the water without it, *the
only real choices for further development are either*
*>  super low power crappy ARM devices* or always going to be expensive
IBM/TYAN POWER servers, so what do we do?

What is wrong with "super low power crappy ARM devices"? Do you realize
that almost ALL Qualcomm/Mediatek/Samsung ARM SoCs for Android smart phones
are falling in this category? Or maybe not? And do you know that 99.999% of
this "crappy" devices are using U-Boot? U-Boot out of (these days) DENX
Software Engineering GmbH (Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk)?

BTW what is your definition of: *"super low power crappy ARM devices"* ???

Floor all yours! :-)

Thank you,
Zoran