[coreboot] TPM device has gone missing

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Mon Dec 12 20:12:34 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:37:30AM -0700, Trammell Hudson wrote:
> My x230's TPM has gone missing somewhere between 4.5 and the current head.
> CONFIG_LPC_TPM is still set, but neither coreboot nor the Linux payload
> detects it.

Based on a tip, I reverted this patch:

https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17425/

And the x230 can find its TPM and my measured boot works again.

Also, I mispoke slightly before.  With the current head coreboot
finds the TPM (cbmem --console shows the call to tpm_init()), but
Linux is not able to make use of it.  This makes it seem like the
runtime TPM ACPI table entry generation is the problem.

--
Trammell