[coreboot] TALOS project short of funding goals - where to now?

Elena ``of Valhalla'' valhalla-l at trueelena.org
Mon Dec 12 14:50:24 CET 2016

On 2016-12-12 at 13:18:42 +0100, Łukasz Dobrowolski wrote:
> On 12/12/2016 03:27 AM, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:
> > (...) considering that the average linux sysadmin makes over $100K per year the community could have easily funded the project.
> In Germany, US, France... Not in Poland, Ukraine... many hackers there.

Indeed. In my country 20k EUR per year is a good pay, but even with a
pay of 60k EUR|$ a year, that would mean paying the whole earnings of a
month for something that is still at the crowdfunding stage and may just
disappear into nothing.

If you consider that people have to, well, live with that money, that
would mean multiple months of savings / disposable income.

If somebody has a family, that probably goes in the range of expenses
that have to be negotiated with the other family members.

All of this necessarily reduces the number of people who can even think
about partecipating in that crowdfunding, not to say actually decide to
put down their money for it.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''