[coreboot] Developing Coreboot

Klemens Nanni kl3 at posteo.org
Thu Dec 8 18:30:18 CET 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 08:00:49PM +0300, serdar tunc wrote:
>Good Evening,
>I am computer engineering student in Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University
>and its my fourth year.
>I want to be a part of Coreboot Project. I compiled Coreboot and
>Libreboot for qemu emulator and as soon as possible i am going to
>install Coreboot in x200. As you can see i am interested in opensource
>projects and low level programming like C and Assembly. I wanted to
>start somewhere but i couldn't found where to start. There is not
>associated documents in Coreboot Wiki and i tought it could be helpful
>if i contact with Coreboot team. Can you lead me for where should i
>start, what should i do, what should i learn and read? It will be
>great if you send me documents about this. Have a good night. With my
>best regards.

Nice to hear that, be welcome! In general I'd say you pick a topic of
interest and dig into it, try finding bugs or improving existing parts.
The wiki can always be improved: Some boards need a page, various
sections are somewhat short/outdated/confusing/etc. so in case you're
coming across besaid documenatation (or not): Go ahead and improve/start
writing it.

You don't have to make big changes in order to contribute, even the
smallest improvements are welcome.

Some project ideas[1] already exist, if you find something that suits
you: Go for it!

/kl3

1:	https://www.coreboot.org/Project_Ideas