[coreboot] T430s or T430 (Was: latest greatest thinkpad with coreboot)

Pok Gu pokgoo002 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:59:21 CET 2016

I own a T430 and T420. It seems there is not a strong motivation for doing
the T430/T530 port. Unlike the T420/T520, the obvious benefit of coreboot
is it can replace the sandy bridge CPU with an ivy bridge one. What are the
explicit benefits that coreboot can bring to the T430/T530 except
opensource/security?

-Unlock RAM speed and WIFI whitelist removel? There are already Modded BIOS
for this
-Remove evil ME? Or improve the start time by some seconds? It seems there
is hardly any significant performance improvement