[coreboot] T430s or T430 (Was: latest greatest thinkpad with coreboot)

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 23:21:15 CET 2016

On 02.12.2016 19:53, ron minnich wrote:
> yeah I'm similarly confused about the t430 state but nico is giving me hope.

Um, I was just comparing specs, sorry. The T430 seems to be unsupported.
Also I guess, it would only be one or two days of work, I wouldn't con-
sider to buy it. It's basically just heavier than the T430s (and some
come with the shitty NVIDIA Optimus graphics).

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 9:15 AM Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:

>>> Everything Klemens said about the X230 should also apply to the
>>> T430s. It's just 14" instead of 12".
>>
>> Has anyone here actually tried running Coreboot with a reduced ME on a
>> T430 or T430s?

I haven't tried (don't even have the system), but I wouldn't expect any
trouble with a reduced ME image. It's more chipset than board specific,
FWIW.

>> The Coreboot wiki does not even have pages for those models...
>>
>> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/t430
>>
>> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/t430s

Perfect, I think you found the first board without outdated information
in the wiki :-D

Nico