[coreboot] coreboot image signature

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:54:14 CEST 2016

> Please see https://www.coreboot.org/CBFS

Hello John,

>From the pointer:* magic** is a 32 bit number that identifies the ROM as a
CBFS type. The magic number is 0x4F524243, which is 'ORBC' in ASCII.*

I did install on my F24 VM (in order to verify this info) wxHexEditor
source code package (wxHexEditor-v0.23-src.tar.bz2):
http://www.wxhexeditor.org/home.php

Please, you can all try it, there are some environmental catches/packages
and CCP flags (CCPFLAGS) to be added, but it is fairly manageable. Here is
how GUI looks like:

[image: Inline image 1]

Interesting enough, wxHexAuthor Erdem (U. Altinyurt) is a jobless computer
engineer, born and living since 1981,in Istanbul, Turkey. Why Erdem is
jobless, that is the (crucial) question??? ;-)

Zoran