[coreboot] Coreboot is failing to build

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 02:27:40 CEST 2016

Hi Ali,
  The build script seems to be working for me, so it might be your
network connection or your environment.  Currently we don't run the
checksum routine again after downloading the file.  We probably need
to do that.

My first thought is that it didn't download correctly for some reason.
If you try to build again, does it try to download the libelf tarball
again?  If so, it didn't get properly downloaded.  You might try
downloading it manually and putting it in the tarballs folder.

If that's not what's happening, it's probably something in your environment:
- What shell is being used? ls -al /bin/sh; /bin/sh --version
- What version of tar is getting run? tar --version
- If you're running a less widely used OS or Distro, what are you running?

Try running the buildgcc command directly with -x enabled and see
what's actually getting run for the tar command:
/bin/sh -x util/crossgcc/buildgcc

Martin