[coreboot] How do I build Coreboot with both normal and fallback?

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Tue Aug 9 12:31:28 CEST 2016

> Coreboot's bootblock_normal.c supports booting a fallback romstage if
> a normal romstage
> boot fails. But you can only specify either "fallback" or "normal" in
> CONFIG_CBFS_PREFIX.
> So how do I build an image with both normal and fallback stages set?
By building twice: once with CBFS_PREFIX=fallback, then with
UPDATE_IMAGE=y and CBFS_PREFIX=normal to extend the image.
That allows you to use different versions or configurations for
fallback and normal.

Regards,
Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg