[coreboot] re-enabling boot for ChromeOS

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Aug 3 19:05:51 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 02:36:12PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Another question related to this: One of my C720 (I have two) from one
> day to another does not do any beep with the pc-speaker, all other sound
> is working fine. I asked in the FreeBSD mailing lists and one of the
> hints was to check the BIOS configuration. I do not see any screens for this in
> SeaBIOS, only one to select the boot device number if there are two
> devices visible, the SSD and another USB device. Is there something I
> could check or modify in the SeaBIOS?

There isn't a way to ask a traditional BIOS to beep the speaker, so
I'm not sure why you got that recommendation.  It is possible to ask
the vgabios to beep, but I'd be surprised if FreeBSD uses that method.
(Since you're using a c720 you likely have the intel vgabios, and
debugging that, if it is relevant, would be painful.)

As a random debugging suggestion, you could try reproducing the
beeping case and pull the cbmem log and freebsd boot log, then try to
reproduce the non-beeping case and compare both logs to see if there
are any differences.

-Kevin