[coreboot] Using High Speed UART1 as Serial port on CoreBoot (MinnowBoard)

Ben Gardner gardner.ben at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:26:13 CEST 2016

Hi Adrian,

You are better off hooking up to the "Serial Console" port and using that.
http://wiki.minnowboard.org/MinnowBoard_MAX

If you really want to use one of the HS UARTs, then you have a bit of
work to do.
See src/drivers/uart/uart8250mem.c and note the use of
CONFIG_DRIVERS_UART_8250MEM_32.
You'd need to implement something similar to
src/soc/intel/skylake/romstage/uart.c, but for the E3800.
Not worth it, in my opinion, as the PCU UART works just fine.

Ben