[coreboot] F2A85-M: Memory issues

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:26:23 CEST 2016

Hi Martin,

thank you for the quick reply. I just tried the memtest86 variant you suggested and it runs already for 15 minutes without reporting any errors. So the memtest86+ from the Ubuntu-Live-CD was probably a false alarm then I suppose. I didn't expect that because on a X200 with Libreboot the "regular" memtest86+ runs just fine.

It would be cool if you could mention the fact about where to put the RAM already in the limitations section of the wiki page. It could save other people from flashing coreboot and being disappointed because no vga signal is there afterwards. Although one could debate whether this is a limitation or not when regarding AMD's specifications, if it was working in vendor bios most people will expect to continue working in Coreboot.

Cheers, Daniel