[coreboot] On Intel Boot Guard

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Apr 14 23:05:33 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have the same question about x240
support.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 05:10:40PM +0200, Alexander Couzens wrote:
> Hi Iru,
>
> we aren't still sure which boards use Intel Boot Guard and which doesn't use it. But we expect most board use it,
> because it's "recommended" by intel - as we dont recommend it.
> Also there isn't yet a test script for Intel Boot Guard.
>
> Can you post a link to that forum post?

Yes I'd very like to see the post too. The only relevant information
I've seen was here although no one seems to provide a real whitelist
removal (but changes the chip id instead):
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Lenovo-X240-BIOS-Whitelist-for-Intel-7620-AC

> I would like to look into a x240 flash image. If you have such board it would be nice
> if you can send me a copy of the flash image via private mail.

Here is a link to a dump I've made of my flash:
https://we.tl/YIgGv6lY1F

I'm not sure of its integrity since I've had to unsolder it from the
motherboard. But the current Realtek IDs (10EC:818B) can be seen at many
places.

>From what I've seen the x240 isn't supported on Coreboot yet right?

Regards,
Gary