[coreboot] Linux as payload
siro at das-labor.org
Fri Apr 8 18:01:54 CEST 2016
On 2016-04-07 06:31 PM, daoud yessine wrote:
> how to build coreboot with linux as payload ?
> I need Bzimage only ?
> what about the file system ?
I'm using a linux payload. Here are a few pitfalls you should mind:
* Fedora's prebuild kernel doesn't work any more. You likely want to
compile it yourself.
* Self compiled kernel does work. Tested versions are: Linux 4.1, 4.2,
* I don't enable pre kernel GPU initialization
The screen is black until the drm kernel module is started.
* Make sure to add support for your root filesystem (ext2/3/4 is
Others need to be compiled in, or you need to provide a initramfs
the kernel modules for the filesystem. I compiled them in, instead of
* Make sure to give a working root path (PARTUUID is fine, too)
* Initramfs isn't used by me, so I can't tell if it's working, but it
More information about the coreboot