[coreboot] Is windows driver for EHCI DEBUG available.

Chris Roberts croberts at bongle.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 10:03:25 CEST 2016

I recently worked with Kyosti to update the EHCI Debug cable.

You can find an updated version of the cable here, under examples/debugdev_full_duplex.
https://github.com/night199uk/fx2lib <https://github.com/night199uk/fx2lib>
There is a .PDF with a build spec based on the newer version of the FX2LP boards that are easily available from taobao or eBay. It should work with the old ones too. It is a slightly modified version of Kyosti’s original (excellent) spec that got me started.

The new cable/firmware complies with the 8-byte packet requirement of the EHCI Debug Device specification to avoid overrunning the EHCI Debug port buffers. Also in theory it should be faster (perhaps if you remove the 8-byte packetization) due to the use of GPIF streaming.

The EHCI Debug cable implements the CDC ACM spec - I didn’t modify that part at all, but in theory it should appear as a standard serial port under Windows. I’ve tested it with Linux and OS X and both support it natively through CDC ACM drivers and I believe a friend of mine tested it working as such.

Also EDK2 supports it for SourceLevelDebugPkg. That needs some minor patches as EDK2 hard-codes the USB endpoint numbers for Ajays - I may contribute back patches to read those from the descriptor at some point but it’s an easy modification to make manually.

Regards,
Chris.