[coreboot] coreboot ported to the ASUS KGPE-D16 (Libreboot: blobless, fully functional!)

Thierry Laurion thierry.laurion at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:27:04 CEST 2015

Hi tpearson,

Checked the board status webpage (
https://raptorengineeringinc.com/coreboot/kgpe-d16-status.php)  and didn't
find any place where crowdfunding was happening. Where is it? Why isn't it
more public?

I'm really interested in seeing a recent freed AMD board. I know a lot of
people that would chip in/would like to help and didn't quite got why there
was no crowdfunding going on/why the code wasn't put upstream. I understand
that you currently use this board on your internal cluster (so it is
completely functional as a server), but didn't quite got why you didn't ask
money for different part of the project following the difficulties still
encountered and the time you think it would take for you to fix it
(suspend/resume, etc) if you want to keep it closed until funded.

If it is because you already worked on it and don't want to lose edge, I
would love to read why putting it upstream would make you loose advantage?
When are you planning on upstreaming your work if crowdfunding does not
happen?

Thanks for all your participation on past liberated board :)
I'm new to libreboot/coreboot but understand the real need for such project
to accelerate to the point where researchers only use such board and secure
platforms.

Cheers,
--
Thierry Laurion