[coreboot] [help]build cbfstool fail with cygwin64

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Fri Sep 11 15:56:23 CET 2015

> 5.make
> then fail as below
> ----
> <stdout>: In function 'yy_init_buffer':
> <stdout>:1395:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'fileno'
> [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> ---
>
> i follow link [2] to modify cbfstool makefile, add _D_GNU_SOURCE for
> TOOLCPPFLAGS, CPPFLAGS
That doesn't fix the missing fileno declaration, which is the root cause.
C standard library providers for Windows seem to be undecided what to
do on this function (according to a quick internet search for cygwin
and fileno). Sadly I haven't found a simple solution and don't have a
system around for testing.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg