[coreboot] Asus M2N-E no boot, post codes A5 80 73

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:23:50 CET 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Balázs Vinarz <vinibali1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I compiled from the source about 6 months and now. The mobo is still
> unable to boot.
> Serial debugs are attached, i tried with many memory-modules in all
> sockets.
> There are two options, when the postcard jumps between codes A5 and 80:

<clip>

PCI: 00:18.0 assign_resources, bus 0 link: 0
> PCI: 00:18.3 94 <- [0x00f8000000 - 0x00fbffffff] size 0x04000000 g#�
>
> #END

Not sure if this is related, but it stops when writing AGP aperture
resource.

Can you add some more POST codes or debugging in
northbridge/amd/amdk8/misc_control.c: set_agp_aperture() ?

You could try "iommu=0" on line 52 to disable this resource, to see if you
get any further.

As for the board, it may have not been tested for several years now. Try to
go further back in history, like build from 2012. Wiki notes tell
multi-processor was never tested.

Regards,
Kyösti