[coreboot] Proposal: Removing obsolete & EOL boards and chipsets for 4.2 release

Vladimir quickcracktime at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:36:47 CET 2015

Although I agree with you that AMD is not innocent as well, if you would
check a "Binary situation" page at coreboot's wiki, you would see that
Intel is in three times more evil (still could not understand why some
incredibly talented coreboot developers are spending so much time fighting
Intel's ME issues, while AMD boards don't have that "dragon you have to
tame" on board)

In any case, it would be very sad to see the AMD code gone from the master
branch. Even the code for some unpopular boards like Intel Atom-based EOL
"Mohron Peak" was allowed to stay! Why AMD boards are considered worse? The
sole idea of AMD code going away, which will affect many alive-and-kicking
coreboot-supported AMD boards, is beyond my comprehension

On 27 October 2015 at 23:15, Timothy Pearson <