[coreboot] SPD binaries in coreboot

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Fri Oct 23 19:08:22 CEST 2015

> Well, we have raminit code that we can not fix, i.e. the BLOBs. So, if
> anything we should write serialization that takes a struct and generates
> the binary during runtime. Yeah, more BLOB wrapping code!
Even source AGESA (SourcePI?) uses spd.bin, see
src/northbridge/amd/agesa/common/common.c

It's the go-to workaround when you have code that expects an SPD ROM
to be around and you don't have it.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg