[coreboot] GPL license headers
rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:54:13 CEST 2015
Eben Moglen, who ought to know, guided us on the release rules for the Plan
9 GPL release.
Here is what he told us could go in each file:
* This file is part of the UCB release of Plan 9. It is subject to the
* terms in the LICENSE file found in the top-level directory of this
* distribution and at http://akaros.cs.berkeley.edu/files/Plan9License. No
* part of the UCB release of Plan 9, including this file, may be copied,
* modified, propagated, or distributed except according to the terms
* in the LICENSE file.
And, then, to see the file:
You really don't need all the text in each file. You don't have to believe
me but you can definitely believe Eben :-)
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM Patrick Georgi <pgeorgi at google.com> wrote:
> 2015-10-20 3:42 GMT+02:00 Alex G. <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com>:
> > I'd go as far as removing the last two paragraphs completely. The "this
> > comes with no warranty" boilerplate is only binding because it is also
> > included in the GPL proper, not because it's slapped in developers'
> > faces all so often.
> Get (the right set of) lawyers to sign off on that.
> So far, there's clearance to get rid of the last paragraph, but
> dropping actual legalese sounds scary.
> Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
> Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft:
> Geschäftsführer: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle
> coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the coreboot