[coreboot] Has anyone ported coreboot to ThinkPad T420?

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:05:07 CET 2015

Hi, community

I found Lenovo X220, T420s and T520 have coreboot support, but T420 is not
in the support list. I used the autoport tool in coreboot, and found some
differences(e.g. GPIO) between T420 and the supported models. I think it
should be easy to port it.

I've just disassembled a Lenovo ThinkPad T420, and found a Winbond 25Q64CV
flash after I moved the mainboard out. However, I couldn't read it with my
flash programmer. I don't know if the flash can be read if I try another
programmer or SOIC-8 clip.

Iru