[coreboot] setting up a bug tracker

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Nov 5 19:00:38 CET 2015

> - Are there any required login methods? Does it need to support the
> login types that review.coreboot.org supports?
redmine has an omniauth plugin that should allow OpenID and OAuth2
(Google/Github flavor).
I'd prefer using that over yet another account database.

> - Is (anonymous) public reporting desired, or do we want to require
> sign-in and user validation first? (I'd vote for sign in)
We're lucky with gerrit (or maybe OpenID is enough of a hurdle), but
anonymous bug trackers tend to be extremely maintenance heavy to sort
out the spam.
I'd go for requesting OpenID/OAuth accounts, similar to gerrit.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg