[coreboot] Coreboot hackaton 2016 (proposal in Paris)

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Mon Nov 2 21:00:19 CET 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 8:41 AM, <echelon at free.fr> wrote:

> Dear coreboot friends,
>
> As discussed briefly in the last minutes of the Bonn meeting, I propose
> to organize the next coreboot hackaton in Paris in 2016.
> Here is my plan (in broad lines, to be refined subsequently):

Sounds good to me!

> PS : initially I planned to schedule this hackaton near the FOSDEM 2016,
> but after
> some discussions with Ron and Stefan, I realize that maybe this is not the
> best timeframe..

Piggybacking on other conferences can certainly help overseas travellers.
Are there other major conferences later in the year?

Hosting after FOSDEM 2016 actually seems ideal and it will be in Brussels
(<2 hours away by train, or <1 hour by flight). It is a bit soon after the
Bonn conference, though but maybe that won't matter? This isn't intended to
be a big formal event anyway. If you get enough community members in the
Doodle poll I think you should go for it :-)

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.