[coreboot] Lenovo x230 - vgabios

Michael Gerlach n3ph at terminal21.de
Wed May 27 17:32:35 CEST 2015

Since SeaBios seems to be bothered about the checksum of the oprom i
tried to disable the checksum_check via:

./build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom add-int -i 0 -n
etc/optionroms-checksum

But it seems like there is sth. wrong with that vbios.. Multi-coloured
stripes and strange distortions until kernel boots...

I guess i start using UEFITool to re-extract it...

best regards,

n3ph

On 05/27/15 16:47, Michael Gerlach wrote:
> Here we go...
>
> I guess cbmem.log should be enough?
>
> Attached one boot with CONFIG_MAINBOARD_DO_NATIVE_VGA_INIT=y set
> and one with CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN=y and CONFIG_S3_VGA_ROM_RUN=y..
>
> MAINBOARD_DO_NATIVE_VGA_INIT does nothing - display is initialzed
> as recently as kernel is already loaded and display driver starts
> working.
>
> VGA_ROM_RUN at least corectly initialize the display, but - as
> already mentioned - no output from coreboot nor seabios is
> displayed - just a white blinking cursor until kernel gets loaded..
> I guess i have no timeout in grub2 - so this might be the reason
> why i also see no output from grub..
>

> best regards,
>

> n3ph

- --