[coreboot] AGESA PI for Olivehill+

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:48:31 CEST 2015

On pe, 2015-05-08 at 09:02 +0000, Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp wrote:
> Hello Kyösti, hello Wim,
>
> with AGESA source there is a file buildOpts.c in the mainboard directory. In this file you can overwrite seed values and they will be passed to AGESA build.
> With binary Pi this file is absent. How is it possible to pass values to binary PI?
> My AMD support comes from Aschheim-Dornach, Germany.
>
> Regards,
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

with the PI source you are in a better position to develop than any of
us in the community contributors. I hope you would push your AMD FAEs to
get the API fixed, if you indeed are currently unable to make FT3b work
with on-board memory, with the pre-built binaryPI files AMD AES pushes
to coreboot 3rdparty / blobs. If you do not do that, You will need to
rebase your local changes and rebuild PI part of your firmware image
part every time AMD updates their MullinsPI package.

I am complaining about the current state of things here as well:

  http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/9386/

Just beware that what I consider as the official documentation, taken
from AMD AES website about PI and coreboot, still states the following
in FAQ.462:

"Note that the customer MAY NOT ship product with the nonscrubbed PI, as
no such rights are provided in the NDA or otherwise. The
customer must convert to the IP-scrubbed PI for production."

I have tried to have AMD AES to fix/revisit/confirm this statement for 6
months now, since it has not been updated after all the binaryPI
invention our partners in crime came up with. I have contacted AMD AES
both directly and via their EMEA FAE, but they have pretty much zero
response rate nowadays towards coreboot community.

Kind Regards,
Kyösti Mälkki