[coreboot] QEMU build failure in master

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Wed May 6 18:41:50 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Timothy Pearson
<tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com> wrote:
> On 05/06/2015 06:54 AM, Patrick Georgi wrote:

>> Pearson<tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com>:
>>>
>>> While working on the test system earlier today I noticed that QEMU builds
>>> are currently failing with the following error:
>>>
>>> coreboot/src/lib/timestamp.c:184: undefined reference to
>>> `timer_monotonic_get'
>>>
>>> Builds using the same configuration were working yesterday.  The
>>> KFSN4-DRE
>>> does not appear to be affected at this time.
>>
>> Regarding build failures we should be covered (at least for default
>> configurations).
>> When looking at http://qa.coreboot.org/job/coreboot/, I don't see this
>> error.
>>

>> Patrick
>

> Granted, the test stand configuration has more options enabled for more test
> coverage.  My question at this point is: are timestamps a supported option
> for QEMU systems?  The test stand sets COLLECT_TIMESTAMPS=y, and this was
> working until a day ago.
>
> This is the commit that broke the QEMU build:
> http://review.coreboot.org/10104

That's probably my fault. I was under the impression monotonic_timer
was a first class citizen now (I at least recall someone doing that) I
thought wrong?

You could add the following in the beginning of that function:

if (!IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_HAVE_MONOTONIC_TIMER)
   return 0;

I need to look at your logs to know the build failure.