[coreboot] [Intel Atom C2000 Rangeley] SPI Descriptor issue related to coreboot

郭佳 yunyuaner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 03:38:41 CET 2015

Hi buddies,

I'm porting coreboot to Intel Atom C2000 board provided from ADI.
I've retrieved the source code released by ADI from github.
ADI's coreboot source code requires SegaBIOS SDK to build, since I
don't have one, I've modified the Makefile to use toolchain provided by
original coreboot(xgcc).
When building done, there is a coreboot.rom(8M) under coreboot/build
directory, and flashing this file to boot rom doesn't bring the system up,
even no serial outputs.
I found that there is no descriptor segment at the beginning of coreboot.rom.
And in Makefile, there are following lines:
"dd if=../intel/mainboard/intel/mohon_peak/unlocked_descriptor/descriptor.bin
of=
build/coreboot.pre conv=notrunc > /dev/null 2>&1;"
Unfortunately, ADI doesn't release descriptor.bin.
So, I use ifdtool to dump the descriptor from ADI's coreboot binary file.
Firstly, I unlock the descriptor, then extract descriptor.bin, and
after that, reassembly
my own coreboot.rom file, but still fail to bring system up (no serial output,
cpu core seems to fall into some infinite loop, when debugging with SourcePoint)
I don't know if I've made my question clear, I'm new to x86/coreboot.
Can someone help me? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Hook Guo