[coreboot] Automated test system: Nominations wanted

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Mon Mar 16 18:15:40 CET 2015

On 03/16/2015 08:17 AM, Alexander Couzens wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 01:20:17 -0500
> Timothy Pearson<tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com>  wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to mention that Raptor Engineering now has an automated test
>> stand for the ASUS KFSN4-DRE board, run nightly with automatic bricking
>> recovery.  It has two Opteron 2431 (AMD Family 10h, 6 core @ 2.4GHz)CPUs
>> and 6GB of DDR2-667 memory installed on Node 0.
>>
>> Each successful test result is recorded to the board-status repository,
>> and each failure is reported to this list.
>
> Hi Timothy,
>
> can you please write down (wiki?) how your system is setted up?
> How do you do automatic bricking recovery?
>
> Best,
> lynxis

Bricking recovery uses the fallback mechanism.  There is a supervisory
board attached to the target; it controls physical power on/power
off/CMOS reset and also sends build/flash/test commands to the target as
needed.

The exact code/details for the controller are not public at this time,
though I would be happy to provide additional information on the target
and/or entertain target hardware configuration requests (add on cards, etc.)

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering