[coreboot] coreboot lenovo x230

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Mar 15 02:40:07 CET 2015

Mario Goljak wrote:
> I've been following coreboots official guide
> http://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230 but I'm unable to read bios chip
> content with the buspirate and flashrom. I've connected it according to
> this datasheet
> http://www.macronix.com/Lists/DataSheet/Attachments/1740/MX25L3206E,%203V,%2032Mb,%20v1.5.pdf
> but I'm not exactly sure how to connect 3.3V power lines from another
> computer.

Not at all, ideally. Never apply a voltage to a voltage rail without
knowing that you are actually following the required power sequence
for the system. Sometimes this is documented in the schematic, other
times not, then you can't know.

See if you can let the board power the voltage rail. Look for flash
chip accesses if you only connect the power but do not power on the
system.

Macronix flash is very sensitive to signal integrity. Keep your wires
as short as possible, max 2-3 cm.

//Peter