[coreboot] Hello coreboot

Łukasz Dmitrowski lukasz.dmitrowski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 10:23:15 CET 2015

Hello coreboot,

My name is Lukasz and I am a Computer Science student at West Pomeranian
University of Technology in Szczecin. Main area of my interests are
embedded systems and for me coreboot is the most interesting
organization in GSoC 2015. Thats why I am here. I have experience with
low level programming and good knowledge of C and C++. Often I use
Arduino, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black for fast prototyping my
ideas. I have also teamwork experience gained while working on the
embedded systems commercial project for automotive industry. I am
interested in participating in GSoC 2015 through realization of one of
the coreboot projects as I find it as a good start for diving into
computer firmware. For now I am getting familiar with coreboot and
trying to build it and run it in QEMU. More detailed information I will
give you through my proposal, but if you want to ask me some questions
now please feel free to do that. I will be also often available on
#coreboot IRC channel.

I have one question: Are project ideas on coreboot wiki prioritized or
acceptance depends only on student attitude, arrangements(build coreboot
+ send patch) and quality of proposal? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Lukasz Dmitrowski