[coreboot] questions about google/samus

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Sat Mar 14 00:13:15 CET 2015

Hi all,

I put the mailing list under emergency moderation for a while because
things heated up quickly. This wasn't coordinated with anyone, so
please direct complaints about that at me.

All incoming emails (to this thread = all of them) in that period were
rejected with an explanation (I hope these ended up with the authors,
we don't use that mechanism very often), and their authors can resend
them if they feel that the mails add value while keeping the flames
low.

There are tons of fun (and some not so fun) stories about interactions
with silicon vendors, some of them involving various degrees of binary
only modules. But I think they're better told in person over some
beverage of choice (eg. at the meet-ups we want to do in summer?)
rather than on an impersonal medium like a mailing list - especially
because it's such a frustrating issue.

Patrick (speaking only for myself)