[coreboot] questions about google/samus

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:52:26 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 5:27 AM <echelon at free.fr> wrote:

> Ok Ron,
> We all recognise your efforts and don't deny that the question of the
> binary blobs" is a very complex and "politicaly hot" one..
> But (and I speak here from a STRICTLY personal point of view) it is the
> fashion you chose to lecture Paul than I found not very nice..

well then I'm very sorry, I should not write these notes when I'm still
angry. The intent was to state the facts of the situation, which are
difficult to say the least.

If people want to say "BLOBS are bad", that's fine. If people start saying
"Google does not understand ..." that is really not fine at all, because it
is claiming knowledge that people do not have; and, the fact is, it's not
at all nice to tell the people who are working so hard to remedy the blob
situation that they don't understand what they're doing.

I'm probably more frustrated than anyone with the BLOB mess, and that's
part of why all my coreboot efforts go to RISCV nowadays.

ron