[coreboot] questions about google/samus

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:04:36 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:41 AM <echelon at free.fr> wrote:

> Sorry Ron,
> What is his crime?
> Thought crime?..
>  Florentin

The problem with people making comments like this:

> > Sadly, I don’t think Google has understood how much power they have over
> > Intel with their Chromebook and Chromebox success. RAM initialization is
> > for example still a BLOB

is that people who don't know what's going on might take Paul's comments
seriously, and the next thing we know we're seeing mistakes like the Purism
laptop.

It's also not very nice, given the amount of effort that we have made over
the years to get the blobs opened up, for Paul to claim that we "don't
understand how much power we have." Unless you've been involved in these
discussions, you can't possibly understand how difficult they are.

ron