[coreboot] questions about google/samus

Anthony Martin ality at pbrane.org
Thu Mar 12 23:27:06 CET 2015

Hi,

I have a few questions about the samus device and I figure this
is the best place to ask.

- Does it use the usual depthcharge payload with an internal
  write-protect switch for flashing the firmware? There's no
  boot guard shenanigans going on, correct?

- It looks like the gigabit ethernet device is disabled in the
  device tree but are there pins or pads on the board to get
  to it?

- Can someone describe the keyboard in comparison to, say, an
  older Macbook Pro, a Thinkpad X230 or X240, and the Toshiba
  Chromebook 2? What is the key travel distance like?

- Is the display panel IPS or TN?

- Is the SSD soldered to the board?

- Could this be the coreboot laptop we've all been waiting for? :)

Thanks,
  Anthony