[coreboot] ITE IT8718F support status

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:57:43 CET 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 20:26 +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to verify has anyone tested the ITE IT8718F superio support?
> Over at: http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards
> all motherboards mentioned are in the unknown status at the moment.

Hi,

key features of this superio were tested around 2010 when the first
boards with it got their coreboot port completed. By 2014, when our
supported boards wikipage was changed to collect reports of working
builds, this small selection of boards had already become obsolete
enough so that nobody has bothered to test and report.

To have a working superio depends on a couple of external parameters.
One is to route all the required IO ranges (including 2e/4e) to LPC bus,
second is to confirm superio has 24/48 MHz clock input. In some cases
48MHz clock requires GPIO programming on southbridge.

Kyösti