[coreboot] [GSoC-2015] AMD native graphics init (was: Interested in Participating - Discussing Ideas)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 6 23:33:35 CET 2015

Dear Felix, dear Varad,

Varad, welcome to coreboot!

Am Freitag, den 06.03.2015, 21:50 +0100 schrieb Felix Held:

> > I dumped the BIOS binary for a Radeon GPU and am trying to make sense of it
> > using the atombios kernel header [1] - are there any resources on ATOMBIOS
> > internals I can use? I believe the GPU initialization can be done by tracing
> > the dump contents as suggested in this thread [2], but cannot figure how new
> > ATOMBIOS tables would be created and used. I also need to check the coreboot
> > source to plan how this can be implemented.
>
> If you plan to work on native gfx init for AMD, talk to mrnuke; he
> already did quite some work on that.

Alexandru has already pushed change sets for review [1][2][3].
Additionally he wrote some posts touching this topic, which you can read
in the coreboot blog [4].

Additionally there are several threads on this mailing list, where this
topic was discussed.

I wish you the best of luck with your application!

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/8281
[2] http://review.coreboot.org/8281