[coreboot] Long license headers (ANGER WARNING)

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Wed Mar 4 18:59:18 CET 2015

> Peter, per Patrick's note here, and discussions I've had with people who
> actually are real lawyers, who earn their money doing IP licensing, I think
> you are quite wrong. We should not change the license text in the files
> *unless it is done in consultation with the copyright holders*.
There are things we can do, before "perfect" kills "good" again:
Decide how we want it done in the future, and formalize that
somewhere. Then let existing copyright holders decide if they want to
go for the new format (they're easy to find: they're listed right in
the headers we're debating), and let them do it (they are allowed to,
after all).

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH
ABC-Str. 19

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores